Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Really Truly Important Election

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my Gosh! I heard back from one of the WebMomster's that run the board. I am one of 10 finalists. They will be posting the blogs for a week and letting people vote. I had to submit 3 blogs to post for this contest. I am so very excited, but you know what tickles me the most? They edited my blogs for length to '3 grafs' (gotta love the jargon). Ha! Me! I have been professionally edited! I know I am long winded so I don't take any offense, I think of it as more of an honor. I have been professionally edited. That's pretty cool. It makes me feel like a 'real' writer. I didn't get the standard reject letter, I got edited and will have the chance to get voted for.

Forget the Presidential election, or the Governor's race. I'm tired of all the negative ads, the rhetoric, and the 'he said/she said' anyway. If you haven't decided who to vote for yet, then don't vote. If you haven't been keeping up with it, I really don't want your opinion to count. These two are polar opposites and if you can't make a decision, then leave to the grown-ups who have been paying attention the last 6 months to a year. (Cat-scratch fever! Meow! rrr!)

The Really Truly Important Election will start tomorrow and run for a week - Blogger for MomsCharlotte. Not exactly public office, but it's a start.

Now I do not want anyone to go sign up on the site just to vote for me, (AMY!). If I win, I want it to be fair and square and know that I earned it because people like my writing and not because I had a bunch of friends joining just to vote for me. (I'm serious about this too! Amy, yes I am calling you out!) If you are already a member of the board, please be fair. Only vote for me if you truly think I deserve it and the cakes I'll make when I'm elected....

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Stacy! Keeping my fingers crossed for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cakes?! Did someone mention cakes?! STACY FOR MOMSCHARLOTTE BLOGGER!!! Yumm.. I want cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I am a SAHD who also submitted three samples but was told that they changed their mind about letting dads even be judged :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sara, cakes?! I want some cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete