Friday, November 7, 2008

New baby or a farm...hmmm....

Cindy had a baby boy! He weighed in at 7lbs and 11 oz. Momma and William are doing great. We went to the hospital to visit yesterday, oh he had the new baby smell. Alex said I was like a crazed maniac. So I just calmly reminded him to never get in the way of me seeing a newborn. Unless he wanted his own new, tiny, little wiggly bundle of baby goodness, he had better let me get my baby fix! Which at this he realized I wasn't kidding and gave me the look. You know the look:

"Woman, you are pushing 2 babies in a stroller at the moment and you are even contemplating another? Have you lost your ever-loving mind? Well I haven't lost my mind, so you can just put that thought out of your head!" (Do you like how I read so much into his looks? He was probably really thinking, "I married a crazy woman" but we all know that, so....)

I was amazed at how well Cindy looked! I had to have a c-section each time and seeing her up and about, smiling and walking, makes me realize there is a reason babies come out the way they do.

You know they say everything happens for a reason, and I have just figured out something big. I needed fertility treatments to get the babies in there and needed to have major surgery to get them out; maybe that is a form of birth control for me, in an odd sort of way. Otherwise I would probably end up like that lady with the 17 kids and Alex would be committing me to an asylum. Bless his heart, he has a big job keeping me in check. If it were up to me, we would have a zoo. I would love a small farm with a goat or two, some chickens and a pig. You know, I might have better luck trying to talk him into a small farm outside the city somewhere....food for thought. Oh my gosh, I might actually be able to get a monkey then!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment