Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The tube is OUT!!

Again warning for the squeamish, blada, blada, blada.... Here are the pics of the doc pulling the tube out. He told me it was going to smart a little. I was pretty nervous, wishing I would've taken that Valium to calm me down. Too late now. So here is the picture of him pulling it out...


So you see the look on my face, I hadn't even realized it was out yet. Getting a catheter removed hurt more than that. Olivia went with me to take pictures, for moral support and for the gross factor. She was disappointed that wasn't any goo hanging off the end or squirting out like a fountain or something. You'll also notice it's a better looking belly button than my real one. With my real belly button, you can see all the loose stretchy skin from the twins.


The picture above was taken at the Doctor's office, a huge hole still. So that was a Friday and Alex and I had a date night planned for a while. I hadn't been out since Alex Birthday Celebration which was like the end of May and before that was Olivia's Birthday Celebration in the beginning of April before the cancer was diagnosed. So I was real excited about this date night with Alex. He said I need to stay on a liquid diet for the next few hours, but by dinner time I can go ahead and eat and enjoy our date. By the size of the hole I couldn't imagine how this would be possible.


So by the evening it had closed down to about the size of a pin hole. We went to Firebird Grill and I had a Pina Colada, frozen drink felt good on my throat. For dinner I had surf and turf, a really nice cut of filet wrapped in bacon and shrimp grilled on a skewer with a loaded baked potato. Of course I couldn't finish it all, but took it to go. I wasn't going to let one bite go to waste. (You know, it feels very wrong talking about this great meal with the hole glaring at me as I write) It was just a perfect date.

So let's see that was almost 2 weeks ago and I took a current picture and now there is no hole what-so-ever.  The doctor said I would have a 2nd belly button forever, so this is about as good as it gets.



No comments:

Post a Comment