Monday, July 21, 2008

And so we laugh...explained

So my husband is this super computer geek, not to be confused with a nerd. Geeks are smart and cool, where as nerds are just smart. Other super computer geeks come to Alex when they are stuck, that's how good he is. He is also very modest, so when he reads this he will probably ask me to take it down from embarrassment.

So I am very proud of my little blog that I have created and showed it to him. So he took a look at it and was impressed by Blogspot. He looked at the code or something and started jabbering about the something or other that they are doing under the hood. I really have no idea what he was saying, but I always listen. I find I do start picking things up from him by osmosis. After checking out blogspot, he looks at the content. "It's not very lighthearted is it? It seems you are using this for therapy. It is very 'this happened, and then that happened'". I replied it is therapy. My life is so crazy right now, I'm trying to make sense of it all and get some order back in my life. Then my insightful husband asked the important question. "Then why did you name your blog 'And so we laugh...'?"

Life is full of choices. We ALWAYS have a choice, I may not like the alternative choice sometimes but it IS a choice. Sometimes life will throw something at me that isn't a choice, for instance, my sister's stroke. It is just a fact. She had a stroke, well actually she had 2 strokes. My choice comes in with how I handle myself. I can either cry about it and maybe even through a temper tantrum. Fight against it or hide my head in the sand, that it isn't really happening. That all of our lives just changed in an instant. OR, I can laugh about it. I don't mean laugh that my sister had a stroke, but laugh that life has thrown us a curveball. Jump into life and not let it defeat me.
Most people would say I have a full plate. I have a 3 year old son who I am trying to potty train to little avail. My twins are 6 months old and I was breastfeeding (not any longer.) My dear husband has been working 60 hours a week for about 9 months now and will probably continue to do so for about 9 more months when this project starts to wrap up. I have 2 dogs, one of which is suffering from Renal Failure and has accidents in the house all day. During all this, my sister had 2 strokes, was in the hospital for a week and then came to live with me for a month for rehabilitation. When I write it down it sounds a little overwhelming. But you just take it one day at a time and the great thing is, you get to choose your attitude.

I realize I always have a choice of how I will react to the curveball. So, when life gets so crazy you can either laugh or cry, I choose to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. So very true! Blogging started as my therapy too!

    It then turned into a hobby, then an addiction (blushes), and now I think I've struck the perfect balance and have a passion to write.

    Can't wait to read more!

    Sara- from Moms Charlotte

    ReplyDelete