Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feeling a little nostalgic


We lost my Mom three years ago. It will be four in October. When I look at my life and my beautiful children, time seems to pass by in mere seconds. When I think about my Mom, those 3 years seem like a lifetime. I just miss her. She was never able to meet my children in person, but I know in my heart, she has met them. She hand-picked them for me. I know this with every ounce of my soul. Some days it's just harder to get through without her.

Obviously during holidays or birthdays, we miss her and remember her. But here it is just a plain Tuesday in the middle of July, no special reason I should be crying and missing her, but I can't help myself.

The other day, Cole got rug burn on the back of his thigh at a Little Gym Birthday party. He started crying immediately "I want my Mommy." That's how I feel. I want my Mama! She raised me well and I know she is proud of me and the person I've become. I know I don't need her, but I want her. I want to smell her and listen to her. I want to hear her wisdom.

She never had a rocking chair when we were little girls and always enjoyed rocking us. She also loved this poem:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow. For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow; So quiet down, cobwebs, Dust, go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!" —unknown


Don't worry Mama, I have 2 rocking chairs, one for each of us and the dust is resting. Rest in Peace Mama, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Stacy, and I feel the same way!!!

    Love Ya!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,

    I do hope you know how proud Mama would be of you!!! Always knew that you would be a great mother, but you handle things so well! I wish I had the patience that you do!

    Of course I'm not offended by your blogs...except to ask if the whole family thinks I've always been "A little crazy". But we talked and I'm fine now. Thank you for everything Stacy. Maybe I shouldn't be too sentimental in this comment. But you really did save my life Stacy. Even though your my "little" sister, I don't look at you that way. You have strength that I didn't know you had! I've really enjoyed reading your blogs... I'm not going to comment on all of them, but I have laughed! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete