Monday, May 3, 2010

A Help or a Hinderance?

I realize why I hate this feeding tube so damn much! It is a physical manifestation of what I am going through with the cancer treatments. It is a constant reminder that I have to fight this, this cancer inside my body. With radiation and chemo, I feel like those are the good guys. We are a team and fighting the side effects and healing me, but the tube is something... Something I endure, I feel, I have to deal with just sitting here as I type. I can't rock my babies the way I want to, I can't hold my husband the way I want to. I smell like a disgusting kitchen sink. It gets in the way of everything and it hurts.

I broke down in sobs this morning because I want to rip it out and just be over it. I know I can't, there is a really good chance that I will need this tube. This tube that I want to cut into a million pieces, may save me in a few short months. That's when I realized it's not the tube itself, it is the limitations it is putting on me. IT can't put limitations, it's just a thing. I am the one adding the limitations on. Hopefully this realization will zap it of it's power over me and I can look at it as one of the treatments that will help heal me, not hinder me. Maybe it's both and that is the best I can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment