Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just a little Claustrophobic

How much difference a week can make. I am back on the patch, same dose as when I had freaked out. I seem to be doing better this time though. One thing, I had the radiation technicians cut eye holes in my mask. That has helped immensely! The medicine is getting into my system and I feel like I can swallow again. It still hurts, but I can do it.

Oh, I used the feeding tube! If I have it, might as well use it right? So Friday night, Alex helped me shotgun a beer through my feeding tube. Only 1 though, it went straight to my head. At least we christened it properly. I have used it for food, as intended, since then.

My hair is starting to fall out too. Not all over my head, but in the back of my head near my neck. The radiation goes all around my neck in a circle and this is completely expected. It was still weird this morning when I was washing my hair and it seemed like I had more hair in my hands than soap. I got a certificate today thanking me for my hair. Locks of Love received it; I'm so glad it is being used and not going to waste. Well I am going to take a short nap before the twins wake up. Dang! They are up. Oh well, guess I'll go to bed early. I have chemo tomorrow so it's probably a good idea any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment