Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Honest Scrap

So I have been tagged for a meme! I must say I am truly sorry to the others who have tagged me before, that I am responding this time and not when you tagged me. I wasn't trying to dis you. (Do people still say dis?) I just never knew what meme's were before and didn't know how to respond/participate. So I am with it now, I think? (dis, with it... I'm trying to hard, aren't I)

Helene at I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor tagged me! This is what it is:

a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
b) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Let me dust off my brain and find something interesting about me.... Umm. Nope nothing....Okay some random facts will have to do....

1) I hate writing! Yep. Crazy enough, even though I blog for therapy and am now blogging on 2 sites, I hate writing. I have always thought of myself as a math person, and fear someone is going to call me out for the phony that I am with "this blogging thing."

2) I learned how to Rock Climb to get over my fear of heights. That is when I learned, I'm not afraid of heights. I am afraid of falling. BIG difference, especially when you realize it 200 ft above on a ledge that is about 2 inches deep, just big enough for your big toes.

3) I love the way Alex smells. I love it in the morning when he first gets out of the shower. It a mix of soap, toothpaste, shaving cream and his cologne. I love the way he smells after he has been outside working up a sweat and it's just his scent coming through, even without deodorant. I just breathe him in whenever I hug him.

4) I have a crazy ant phobia. I can handles spiders, snakes, whatever. Ants put me over the edge. I try to hide it in front of the kids, since it appeared I was passing on my crazy to them. There are pictures of me at 3 years old stomping on ants. I have always had nightmares about being smothered by ants and eaten alive.

5) I don't chew gum anymore. If I do chew a piece, I have nightmares about it that night. I think it goes back to when I had braces and it would get stuck in my braces. My nightmares are usually the same. The gum is stuck in my mouth and I can't get it out. I'm trying to talk and no one can understand me. As I pull the gum out, it gets stuck in my teeth and as I pull it out, it grows bigger and bigger.

6) I love chaos. I always thought I was a 'neat and orderly' type person. I'm not, I just didn't know myself very well. I have 3 young kids, my teenage niece, 2 dogs and my husband. I love when we have friends and family over and it really gets so chaotic then. You can put me in the kitchen cooking for everyone with the kids running around and underfoot, and I am happy as a clam. (hmm, are clams really happy?) I've have been trying unsuccessfully for fish or a bird. It is just too much for Alex. I think I have him at his breaking point already.

7) I feel guilty when I have any 'me' time. I have started working out and I have my blogs. I feel selfish by having these. I know they are a necessity to keep me sane so I have something to give, but I feel guilty none-the-less.

8) I like things even. Almost a little OC about it. If Alex gives me a kiss, I need a second one to make it even. Or if Cole kisses me on the cheek, he has to kiss me on the other cheek too, to be even. Even numbers and even sides. I want another baby so the family will be even, (Alex thinks I am totally nuts for that one!).

9) Confessions: I, sometimes, take the batteries out of toys that are really loud and obnoxious and tell Cole the batteries are dead or the toy is broke. (I like chaos? Didn't I just write that?) I sometimes move the clock up 10 minutes, so I can get Cole to bed if it's been a rough day.

10) I talk alot. I love to listen to others and about their lives, but I am afraid if I ask too many questions, I am prying. I don't know how to get people to tell me more about them, without seeming like I am playing 20 questions. So I sometimes start off a conversation about myself hoping they will turn around and talk about themselves. This doesn't always work, and I feel let down. I think that is why I love reading other people's blogs. They are sharing their lives with me. I love it!

I'm tagging:

Sara My Sippy Cup Runneth Over

Supermom The Adventures of Supermom

TwinMama Bringing Up Twins

Staci Momma's Gone Over The Wall

Denise The Not-So-Secret Life of Reagan's Mom
Here are the rules for the recipients:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! So glad to hear I'm not the only one who fakes dead batteries. It seems to get harder to do as they get older and know where the batteries are stored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it miss Sassy, Even Numbered, Alex Whiffing, Math lovin', ant and bubble gum hater. I'll jump right on it and send you a link on one of you most chaotic days. But you'd love it since... You love chaos. :) You don't like the way I smell? Just Alex? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I'm so happy you did the meme! It's always fun to learn more about others! Good for you on taking rock climbing to conquer your fear of heights! I can't believe you handle chaos so well!! You were definitely meant to be a twin mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful with trying to even your kids out. You might crank out another set of twins, then it still would not be even. LOL.

    ReplyDelete