Thursday, September 11, 2008

But some days we cry....

I can't help but feel the sorrow of the day. It's weighing heavily on me. Personally I was lucky, I did not loose anyone on that fateful day. But like the rest of America, I lost an innocence. An innocence that wasn't real, but it was lost none the less. I foolishly thought war, destruction, and loss were things that happened in far off countries with names I could barely pronounce. It's sad to realize that is a way of life for some people in parts of the world.

Today is a day of remembrance. Remember those who lost their lives, their families who will always grieve, and remember we are all Americans. Republican or Democrat; Conservative or Liberal; Straight or Gay; Black or White; we all just need to come together on this anniversary and keep ourselves safe and not let this happen to us again.

1 comment: