Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life is spooky sometimes!

So I have been reading some new blogs, you'll find them in my blog list if you are interested. One of them in particular I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor, is a Mom to 2 sets of twins! Yes 2 sets. All of a sudden my hands don't feel so full anymore. As I was reading her profile, what really struck me was her reply to the "Your hands are full" comment. She said, "yes, better to have hands full than empty arms and a broken heart." I love it!

Sometimes, I'll answer back as a smarty-pants. "No, they are pretty empty at the moment." I left her a comment on her blog that I may be "borrowing" her reply. It hasn't been that long since I went through all the fertility treatments, and I think what bothers me when people tell me I have my hands full is that I don't feel like I do. I am perfectly happy with my life, and have been begging Alex for just one more. He has agreed to the point of not pursuing fertility treatments, but if it happens naturally....Well, then, okay.

So now I just need the economy to level out so I'll stop stressing about it and relax. Isn't that what they always say? Relax and it'll happen? Well I always thought it was the noogie that led to it, but what do I know; I needed a doctor to help me get pregnant!

I just thought it is amazing that I blogged about having my hands full and then came across a couple of blogs with the same thing in it. Surprise, they all have twins too! Bet you didn't see that one coming...

Ok. Olivia told me a joke tonight that had me laughing so hard I was in tears. Here it is:

A termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bartender here?"

It took me a minute to get it, but I may have snorted when I did. I told you I'm a dork!

1 comment:

  1. You can borrow that phrase anytime you like! I just got so tired of people saying "you have your hands full" so now when I say the comment "better to have hands full...." the person usually doesn't know what to say!!

    Be careful about "just wanting one more"!!! We wanted just one more too and ended up with our 2nd set of twins!!! Spontaneously, without IVF that time...go figure, huh? The good thing though if you do end up with another set of twins is that you've already been through it once...nothing can happen again that you haven't already experienced with your 1st set!!

    ReplyDelete