Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Today is the First day of School. The city seems to be a buzz with it. Schools buses are out, traffic is heavy, and there is a huge sigh from Mothers all around, Ah summer is finally over. There is a different kind of sigh from the children as well. *pout* Oh, summer is over!

I feel left out. It is just a normal day in our house. School? What school? There's still the laundry to catch up on, grocery shopping to do, vacuuming. I enjoy my children everyday, so I'm not wishing away today. But at the same time, I look forward to the next adventure for Cole. Who knows, maybe when the twins finally start school, I can go back to school myself....

Well, we are off to the park today and I won't have to worry about the older kids running over Cole and the other preschoolers. That'll be nice change. Maybe this back to school thing won't be so bad after all!

1 comment:

  1. The city is a buzz, huh?! You'll LOVE back to school time as your kids are still at home. You get through the line faster at Chick Fil A, like you said.. the big kids won't run over your kids at the park... *sigh* I miss those days, but am kinda lovin' this too!

    Motherhood.

    It's so emotional!!! :)

    ReplyDelete