Sunday, August 24, 2008

How 'bout them Panthers? Eh?


Wow! What an unbelievable game. Too bad it was only a preseason game. The Panthers schooled the Redskins 47-3. Alex had a really tough week and had the opportunity to go to the game. He had a great time, which I'm glad. He deserved it.

So I was holding down the home fort. We are a serious football family. Katie has a cheerleader outfit, Sean and Cole both have jerseys of sorts, and Alex and I have a couple of Jerseys. I am going to get a picture of the whole family for the season opener when we are all dressed up. I can't wait!

We also have a tradition of doing a shot of liquor when the Panthers score. Well, if you've been following the Panthers for a couple of years, you'd know we never really had to drink too much or got tore up. Just a shot or two and all was right. I told Alex I would keep up the tradition since I was unable to celebrate last season due to being ginormously pregnant. I'd get the kids to bed and keep up the tradition.

Than goodness my shot of choice was schnapps. Normally, I'd say 'Oh, you can't get drunk off schnapps.' Oh yes you can! Especially when you drink about 10 shots in 3 hours. (Really more like 1.5 hours since they did most of the scoring in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.) My cousin Kris came over to watch it with me. We made the mistake of doing a shot with every touchdown AND field goals. Poor Kris. He wasn't drinking schnapps, he was drinking Crown then Cuervo. Let's just say, by the time he went to bed I was no longer worried about alcohol poisoning. He had purged his sins...we did have him blow into the breathalyzer this morning and he was still legally drunk! (Yes we are dorks with our own breathalyzer) We are not alcoholics, just safe!

He gave me crap last night that I was drinking fru-fru shots. 'Absolutely I am. I need to be on call if the babies need me. Plus I really don't want a hangover with 2 crying babies.' I called to check on Kris this evening, and he is starting to see the wisdom in fru-fru drinks.

I just hope the Panthers keep scoring like they did and we need to change our tradition to one shot at the end of the quarter. I'm getting old; I can't hang like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment